The Great Flood of 2019 postponed the race until Novemeber. Due to sub-freezing conditions, the race was limited to racers that were reasonably capable of breaking a course record and finishing the race before nightfall on day 2. Only three boats entered (with four paddlers) and one tandem boat finished (Steve Landick and Jeremy Vore of Michigan).
- Missouri Life Magazine - "Dodging Barges, Hallucinating, and Lost on the Big Muddy - Inside the MR340" - by Evan Henningsen, August 9, 2019 - great stories and tips from MR340 veterans.
- Terrain Magazine - "Conquering the Missouri River 340 Endurance Paddle Race" - by Eric Berger, September 2019 - Also "Preparing for the MR340, the World’s Longest Nonstop Paddle Race" (Q&A with racers Dr. David Crane and Scott Croom) - by Amy Narishkin, Jan. 29, 2014.
- Fox4KC - "MR 340, nonstop boat race on the Missouri River, postponed because of flooding" by Zac Summers, June 10, 2019 (about first postponement)
- Jefferson City News-Tribune - "Missouri River race, cleanup events moved to October" - by Jeff Haldiman, Sept. 4, 2019.
- Fox4KC - " ‘Quit is just not in my vocabulary:’ Only four taking on MR 340 boat race on Missouri River" - by Regan Porter, Nov. 12, 2019.
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch - "Missouri River racers paddle 340 miles in freezing conditions; one boat finishes"- by Annika Merrilees, Nov. 17, 2020.
- Columbia Missourian - "Rocket Run poses challenge to veteran racers" - by Tawnie Wilson, Nov. 16, 2019.